Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

On Behalf of our Veterans and on a Quest to Provide Mental Health Resources

saltwater
Explorer C

Hi Adrienne,

I'm an Army veteran with over 21 years of service. I'm also the President of Saltwater Warriors.  We are a 501c3 nonprofit providing free mental health counseling to veterans.

I see Forbes ranked Southwest Airlines in the top 5 for companies hiring and supporting veterans.  I wanted to reach out and ask for your help in linking me up with your corporate responsibility contacts to see if there is an opportunity for collaboration. Saltwater Warriors can provide presentations to your veteran employees, linkage to counseling resources for veterans and a peer group experience on a charter fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico.

Our goal is to reduce the stigma a lot of veterans have about seeking mental health counseling.

I would appreciate any help you can provide in pointing me in the right direction. My email is michael@saltwaterwarriors.org.

Thank you,

Michael Burns

4 REPLIES 4

Re: On Behalf of our Veterans and on a Quest to Provide Mental Health Resources

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

This is a customer to customer forum - unless you know the person you are trying to reach is active on here you should try other methods.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @saltwater!

So sorry for the delayed response - thanks for thinking of Southwest! 

I'd encourage you to reach out to our Teams in strategic sponsorship and partnerships via sponsorships@wnco.com. They will likely be your best resource for sharing information at Saltwater Warriors, which sounds like an incredible resource for the mental health of Veterans. 

Thank you so much for your service and for all that you're doing to take care of those that have served and sacrificed! 

- Adrienne B. 

Southwest Community Moderator 

saltwater
Explorer C

Hi Adrienne, 

Thank you! We hope to make a large impact.

Are you sure the email address is correct?  WNCO.COM?

Have a great day,

Michael

dfwskier
Aviator A

WN is the 2 letter FAA designation for Southwest. DL is Delta. AA is American.

I don't know where WN came from, but it is what it is. Some others are wierd, too. F9 is Frontier, and NK is Spirit